Southland Mental Health Emergency Team (SMHET)
- Permanent, full-time position 1.0 FTE
- Do you enjoy a dynamic role with variety in your work?
About the team
SMHET provides mental health assessment and brief follow up across the Southland district across a 24 hour period/7 days per week.
About you / about the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our team on a permanent basis - someone who relishes a challenge. As the service operates 24/7 you are required to be flexible in your approach and willing to work in a variety of settings. Following initial assessment SMHET offers brief follow up treatment as well as onward referral to appropriate services.
Candidates must have the following key attributes:
- Advanced clinical experience
- Knowledge in acute mental health assessment and treatment
- Full, clean driver's licence
- Being a Duly Authorised Officer would be advantageous, but we will support you to achieve this should you require
- You must be registered nurse with a current practicing certificate that allows you to practice in Mental Health
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now to the city itself, Invercargill offers the opportunity to have the lifestyle you've always dreamed of. Boasting excellent education and restaurants, competitive costs of living and a beautiful coastline, life can be as relaxed or as energetic as you want. Our team enjoy the short commute to work, leaving ample time for what matters to you most. Add to this the close proximity to some of New Zealand's most famous scenery and holiday destinations (think Queenstown, Wanaka and Milford Sounds to name but a few!) you can go from seaside to ski-slopes in a matter of hours. Sounds too good to be true? Rest assured, you can have it all here. Why not come see for yourself. Why don't you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing date: 21 November 2021
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via the internal careers site.
For further information please contact Caroline, Recruitment Advisor - Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. If you have already been fully vaccinated you will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff. If you are not yet fully vaccinated you must make arrangements to undertake your first vaccination no later than the 15 November 2021 and be fully vaccinated, as required by the Order, by 1 January 2022.
To apply: We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=5422&company=southerndi