Where you’ll be working: Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre
The details: Permanent - 56 hours per fortnight - Rostered
Care to join us at our new 7 bed rehabilitation and reintegration unit?
About the role:
Our unit is part of the adult acute service, at the Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre (HRBC). The overarching goal of this small unit and the team who work in it will be:
• to provide short to medium term recovery focused and person centred intervention
• to enable service users/tāngata whai ora who have recently been an inpatient at HRBC to reintegrate back into their community.
The focus is on aiding tangata whai ora to (re)establish the skills required for safe community living. The team will develop the support and resources required to enable this, as well as maintain the philosophy of the unit which is rehabilitation and reintegration into the community
It’s the perfect time to join our service. We have a brand new facility in the planning stages; take part in the development, then get to work in a state of the art purpose built facility.
Required skills & experience:
• registered nurse with a current APC
• enjoy connecting with people
• caring and compassionate
• adaptable and flexible
• excited about and willing to contribute to and participate in change
• passionate about eliminating health inequities for Māori people
• previous experience of working collaboratively with community providers
• focused on developing new ways of working, particularly non-traditional hospital based approaches.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
We offer you:
• a job where no two days are ever the same
• supportive and caring colleagues
• challenge and stretch
• ability to contribute to systemic change
• plenty of learning and development opportunities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 28 March 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga