- X2 0.94 FTE, permanent positions available
- With a current New Zealand APC and must have a mental health scope of practice.
- Providing care, assessment and management of maternal mental health for mothers and their babies and people with eating disorders.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Based at Princess Margaret Hospital, C Ward, comprising of Mothers and Babies and Eating Disorders, provides care for a South Island wide catchment. Mothers and Babies (5.2 beds) provides specialist treatment for women who present with complex moderate to severe maternal mental illness who require admission with their baby. Eating Disorders (7.8 beds) provides specialist inpatient care for people with an eating disorder, where both medical and psychological treatment is required. This Specialty Service offers a fulfilling and dynamic environment and opportunities to further your nursing career. Comprehensive treatment, multi-disciplinary functions across the inpatient and outpatient teams, and liaison with multiple agencies, are integral to service provision across the South Island.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing care, assessment and management of maternal mental health for mothers, the primary care giver of their babies alongside their family.
- Providing care and assessment of people with eating disorders.
- Providing support to families within your care while utilising your risk assessment and management abilities.
- Professional development and ongoing educational opportunities are encouraged and supported.
4 on 2 off roster - across mornings, afternoons and nights, so flexibility across shifts is essential for the role.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information