- 1 FTE permanent position available for a Registered Community Mental Health Nurse
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team
Mō te tūnga - About the role
There is an exciting opportunity for a Community Mental Health nurse to work as a case manager in West Community Mental Health Team. The West Adult Community Mental Health Service is one of four city-based teams that provide an assessment and treatment service for consumers with mental illnesses aged between 18 - 65 years, and work closely with their families/ whanau - both in the community and alongside inpatient services.
Pehea | About you
- As a professional and highly motivated nurse, who displays a positive attitude, you will enjoy being part of a committed and diverse multidisciplinary team, working in collaboration with a group of professionals that recognise the importance of providing quality care and services to their clients, friends and whanau
- You case manage a group of clients and be responsible for assessing, planning and implementing care collaboratively with our clients and their family/whanau, primary care, community supports and our inpatient teams
- You will be skilled in assessing and managing risk
- Ideally you will be a Duly Authorised Officer who has been trained and signed off as being able facilitate the MHA
- This is a rostered position working day shifts
- Must hold a Full Driver's Licence and have a Mental Health Nursing Scope of Practice
Mō mātou - About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of the Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB). We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whanau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom are likely vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is a higher risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19.