- Two 0.94 FTE permanent full time positions available
- Able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and autonomously where required
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The CAF Inpatient Unit is a 16 bed regional unit which covers the South Island and work with people under the age of 18 with mental health problems. We have a strong focus on working with the youth and their family/whanau. Experience in a mental health setting is highly desirable. Bring your enthusiasm and motivation to work with us and we’ll provide you with a great opportunity to enhance your skills in a specialty area.
The Role: Where you fit in
- Early intervention, brief intervention, and the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi.
- You will have a mix of case management, including assessment, formulation, and treatment.
- You will have an ability to forge and foster relations, to treat others with respect, encouragement and support.
- Positions available are a 0.94 FTE, full time, permanent - following a 4 days on, 2 days off roster pattern. This includes a rotating roster of morning, afternoon and night shifts.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.