Where you’ll be working: Puna Awhi-rua, Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre, Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight - Rostered
We are looking for a dynamic registered nurse to become part of our progressive, recovery focused team based in Hamilton, within the Waikato District Health Board’s Puawai Regional Forensic Service.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to join a service where recovery, evidence-based practice, supervision, risk assessment and patient engagement are part of everyday life.
Required skills & experience:
• Current annual practicing certificate with a minimum of 12 months post graduate mental health experience.
• Good working knowledge/understanding of the forensic pathway, risk assessment and a positive attitude towards team working.
• Must complete and pass SPEC course which will be provided when you are successful in this application.
Please click here to view the position description.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
• comprehensive orientation programme to all new staff at Waikato DHB
• ongoing education and development opportunities
• clinical supervision is available
• great team environment
• supportive colleagues
• the opportunity to develop yourself.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
If you require any further information please contact Natalya Tamariki (CNM) (07) 839 8899 ext 96532
Application closing date: 13 March 2022
Values Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga