Brackenridge is a not-for-profit organisation that provides support to children, young people and adults with intellectual disabilities and autism and their families in Canterbury. At the core of our practice philosophy is our belief in all people and the rights of all to live in and be part of the community, and to exercise citizenship.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate, preferably with experience of working in the intellectual disability sector. A comprehensive orientation to the position is provided along with ongoing professional development.
This role would best suit someone who is self-motivated with high energy, enthusiasm, and resilience, who shares our passion to enable the best life that is possible for the people we support.
Key responsibilities include:
Planning the delivery of optimal services to people with varying levels of complexity of care; from support with daily living activities through to complex high care needs.
Monitoring the health and lifestyle outcomes for people supported by the service and working with other health professionals to ensure delivery of quality support processes
In order to achieve these objectives you will:
• have the ability to relate to people with a learning disability in a positive and valuing manner
• practice within an holistic framework
• have knowledge of the disability sector
• show professional accountability within your scope of practice
• have good leadership skills with ability to motivate and support staff
• maintain excellent working relationships at all levels within Brackenridge, with the people we support, external organisations, family / whanau and the community.
• hold a full NZ Driver’s License
You will need to be available to work nights on a full time 4 on 2 off roster including weekends and public holidays, supporting our people in an all female home.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand and to work for any employer to apply for this role.
Interested? Apply via our online portal now!