Nelson/Tasman Community team
- Help deliver best possible health outcomes for our elderly patients
- Permanent 0.8FTE position working 64 hours a fortnight
- Hours / days of work can be negotiated with the right applicant
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The Older Persons' Mental Health Community team provides psychiatric and geriatric care for the older members of our community. We aspire to provide high quality care to patients in the community with mental health needs and/or complex age related health conditions. Team members work in partnership with patients, their families, primary health, aged care facilities and other community services to achieve the best possible health outcome for the patient.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have current NCNZ registration and practising certificate, with no conditions that exclude Mental Health Scope of Practice, and a minimum of two years' post-registration nursing experience is desirable.
You will have knowledge of the following:
- Physical and mental disorders commonly experienced in older persons
- Contemporary treatment approaches including person-centred care, sensory modulation, therapeutic use of self and therapeutic use of psychiatric medications
- The role of community based case management
- Mental Health assessment and care planning
- Mental Health (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Act, 1992
- PPPR Act - Welfare Guardianship
Your skills will include the following:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team and to work autonomously
- Ability to work effectively with patients who have complex and diverse needs
For the health and safety of staff and patients all NMH staff are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
You will be joining a great team that values teamwork and is committed to supporting the best possible health outcomes for our elderly patients.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 546 1274. Alternatively for role specific information please Christine Ball, Nurse Manager - Older Persons Mental Health via email to Christine.Ball@nmdhb.govt.nz.
Applications close on Wednesday, 9 March 2022.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.