Where you’ll be working: Puawai Midlands Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service, Puna Maatai – Acute Forensic Unit
The details: Permanent full-time and part-time positions, rostered
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse wishing to explore nursing in an acute forensic mental health setting.
Puna Maatai is an acute admission forensic ward covering the midland region. Implicit within our ward are the principles of clinical and professional best practice, with a holistic approach to care and a service delivery model based on the responsibilities and obligations contained in the Treaty of Waitangi.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Hold a current practising certificate, and have a minimum of 12 months post-registration mental health experience.
• Be able to work rostered duties over a 24 hour period, seven days a week.
• Have a good understanding of risk assessment and recovery.
• Be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team, having excellent communication skills.
• Be able to support, and advocate for, service users in an acute mental health setting.
The successful applicant will be provided orientation and ongoing opportunity for professional development.
Please apply directly online on the Waikato DHB website. To review the position description, please click here.
For more information about the role or to visit the clinical area, please contact Clindella Stirling, Charge Nurse Manager on 021 763 537.
Application Closing Date: 6 October 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect – Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga