Where you’ll be working: Puawai Midlands Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service, Puna Maatai – Acute Forensic Unit
The details: Permanent full-time and part-time positions, rostered
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse wishing to explore nursing in an acute forensic mental health setting.
About the service:
Puna Maatai is an acute admission forensic ward covering the midland region. Implicit within our ward are the principles of clinical and professional best practice, with a holistic approach to care and a service delivery model based on the responsibilities and obligations contained in the Treaty of Waitangi.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Hold a current practising certificate, and have a minimum of 12 months post-registration mental health experience.
• Be able to work rostered duties over a 24 hour period, seven days a week.
• Have a good understanding of risk assessment and recovery.
• Be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team, having excellent communication skills.
• Be able to support, and advocate for, service users in an acute mental health setting.
The successful applicant will be provided orientation and ongoing opportunity for professional development.
To review the position description, please click here.
COVID-19: The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Why us: We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online on the Waikato DHB website.
For more information about the role or to visit the clinical area, please contact Clindella Stirling, Charge Nurse Manager on 021 763 537.
Application closing date: 31 December 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga