Registered Nurse - Te Korowai Hou Ora
- Permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week)
Te Korowai Hou Ora is the secondary care kaupapa Māori Mental Health Service based at Southland Hospital with the Southern District Health Board Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Directorate. Te Korowai Hou Ora service comprises of Registered Nurses, Kaioranga Hauora Māori/Cultural Workers and Kaumatua who provides clinical and cultural expertise to support Tangata Whaiora and Whānau who experience moderate to severe mental illness.
About the opportunity - About you
We are looking for a highly motivated Registered Nurse with a passion and knowledge of Māori Mental Health. You will preferably have experience working with Tangata Whaiora who experience moderate to severe mental illness. Within this position you will be responsible for managing a busy caseload, undertaking assessments, providing recovery focused interventions, managing clinical risk and providing outreach across the Southland District.
- To be successful in this role you will have community and/or recent mental health acute inpatient experience, proven leadership and the ability to meet the demands of a busy workload to a high standard. It is important to have an understanding of Te Reo Māori and tikanga best practice as per the position description for this role.
- You will also hold a strong sense of 'self’, a positive 'can do’ attitude and a commitment to working cohesively in a multidisciplinary team environment. You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to best practice standards and your model of practice will be inclusive of the seven Real Skills of Let’s get real (www.tepou.co.nz).
You should be a New Zealand Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years’ experience, a current APC and a scope that allows you to practice in Mental Health and hold a full NZ drivers’ licence.
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is also a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there’s literally something for everyone. Why don’t you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, a competitive cost of living and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it’s kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art - there’s literally something for everyone.
view position description
Closing Date: Monday, 2 May 2022.
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
For further information please contact Caroline, Recruitment Advisor - Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5769 or email email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 this also includes the requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
To Apply: We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/