- Based at Hillmorton Hospital
- Full time vacancies available
- Great benefits and a focus on career development
About the Canterbury DHB
We are a district health board that covers a large geographical area of the South Island – providing healthcare to around 600 000 people. Our focus is on providing quality healthcare services to the community with an aim to improve, promote and protect the health of our diverse population.
Tell me more about the team
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a compassionate and professional Registered with mental health scope to join us!
Te Whare Manaaki is a secure Forensic Mental Health unit that forms part of Specialist Mental Health Services and the Regional Forensic Mental Health Service. We provide specialist care to people who, due to mental illness, has seriously offended or are assessed as high risk for serious offending. Priding ourselves on a sustained commitment to our tāngata whaiora (consumers), we believe in quality improvement and developing therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships. Our mahi (work) is immensely rewarding which results in a fulfilling and dynamic environment to both work and grow.
What does the role entail?
As the newest member of the team you’ll bring your enthusiasm and expertise with you to make a real difference in the lives of others. You will be responsible for case managing individuals to discover and develop their strengths towards optimum health and ultimately potential placement into a residential setting.
- Full time and fixed term opportunities available
- Roster pattern – 4 days on, 2 days off for full time
- Rotating roster – must be able to work morning/afternoon/night/weekend shifts
- A comprehensive staff orientation package is provided
Skills & experience:
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- Mental Health scope and experience
- A full NZ Driving License
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Confident and resilient
- Strong focus on relationship-building
What is the culture like?
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do.
We value care and respect for others; integrity in all we do; and taking responsibility for outcomes.
Here at the Canterbury DHB we believe that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
Are there any benefits
- Fantastic benefits scheme
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing career development
- Employment terms in line with the nursing MECA
Great, I’m interested. How do I apply?
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating your preferred location and if you’re looking for full or part time employment.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!