An exciting career opportunity not to be missed: a management role has become available for an accomplished Registered Nurse to establish a new unit within the existing service of a leading values-based not-for-profit organisation in the Disability Sector.
Health and Ability Services, a service of St John of God Hauora Trust, is a not-for-profit provider of long-term residential, rehabilitation and respite care for adults aged between 16 and 65 living with neurological and/or physical disabilities. Together with a strong family ethos, St John of God Karori provides a supportive holistic environment based on our strong core values of Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence.
Only 5kms from Wellington’s CBD, St John of God Karori is a specialised 39-bed facility offering a range of living options including permanent hospital level care, respite and rehabilitation. As a Nurse Unit Manager at St John of God Karori you will oversee all aspects of management on your unit. An emphasis will be on developing and mentoring your staff by building culture around our “My Life” model of care, ensuring solid team work, with safe, client centred practice to your residents. You will enjoy the challenge of supporting residents to work towards achieving a quality lifestyle through creating choice and participation in a holistic environment. The role of Nurse Unit Manager is to ensure a special blend of nursing and quality of life to your residents. You will handle all aspects of management on the Unit and utilise your strong people skills to drive quality care working in partnership with your resident, their families and the wider clinical team .
To be considered for the role you will need the following:
- A current NZ Practicing certificate and a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
- A commitment to upholding our organisation’s person-centred Values of Justice, Excellence, Hospitality, Respect and Compassion.
- Evidence of Leadership qualities including advanced problem solving, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good relationships with residents, families and the wider team of internal and external partners.
- Ability to manage staff and resources of the unit while strongly leading and motivating your team to deliver safe, effective, high quality care to the residents.
- A commitment to contributing to ongoing quality improvement and the development of the service as a whole.
- Previous clinical knowledge and practice within the sector is preferred but not necessary.
- Proficient IT and documentation skills required.
Applications considered from NZ Citizens, permanent residents or holders of a valid NZ working visa together with two NZ work references. (Please highlight your visa status on your CV).
For a position description and any further enquiries, please email email@example.com quoting reference SJG-HASN-1133.
Applications close 5pm, 25 May 2021.
Please note that we may interview before the closing date