Monday to Friday | 40 hours per week | 15 Months Fixed-Term
Are you looking for a Leadership role within a respected, values based healthcare organisation?
Health and Ability Services, a service of St John of God Hauora Trust, is a not-for-profit provider of long-term residential, rehabilitation and respite care for adults aged between 16 and 65 living with neurological and/or physical disabilities. Together with a strong family ethos St John of God Halswell provides a supportive environment based on our strong core values of Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence.
Our park-like grounds centrally situated in Halswell, is home for our advanced 60-bed facility with on-site apartments and permanent residence options. In addition the facility has a growing outpatient service operating from our modern rehabilitation and therapy Unit. Two more community homes provide permanent supported living complementing our range of specialised accommodation.
As a Nurse Unit Manager at St John of God Halswell, you will oversee all aspects of management on your unit. An emphasis will be on developing and mentoring your staff, building solid team work, thereby ensuring safe, client centred practice to your clients. You will enjoy the challenge of supporting residents to work towards achieving a quality lifestyle through creating choice and participation in a holistic environment. You will do this by applying our “My Life Model of Care” which enables you to focus on each client’s individual ability and lifestyle priorities.
To be considered for the role you will need the following:
- A current New Zealand Practicing Certificate and a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
- A commitment to upholding our organisation’s person-centred values of Justice, Excellence, Hospitality, Respect and Compassion.
- Evidence of Leadership qualities including advanced problem solving, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good relationships with residents, families and the wider team of internal and external partners.
- A commitment to contributing to ongoing quality improvement and the development of the service as a whole.
- Previous clinical knowledge and practice within disability or rehabilitative services preferred but not necessary.
- Proficient IT and documentation skills required.
Applicants require New Zealand Residency or a current valid New Zealand Work Visa. (Evidence required on Curriculum Vitae.)
Salary range is dependent on experience.
For a position description and any further enquiries, please email: email@example.com quoting reference SJG-HASS-1238.
Closing date for applications 5pm, 23 April 2021.
Please note that we may interview before the closing date.