The Higher Ground Drug Rehabilitation Trust was established in Auckland in 1984 as a Charitable Trust and is overseen by a Board of Trustees. Higher Ground provides quality abstinence based treatment, within a therapeutic community for the severely dependent. We provide rehabilitation programmes that are based on 12 Step recovery principles.
Based in Te Atatu Peninsula, Auckland, this is an exciting opportunity to join Higher Ground’s newest programme for pregnant women, new mothers & their babies. We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join in our Multi Discipline team, who is passionate about working with pregnant women, new mothers & their babies, who are wanting to overcome severe dependency to alcohol and other drugs.
About the role:
As a Registered nurse at our facility, you will hold responsibility for overseeing the general health and wellbeing of the residents, you will be autonomous and be able to make decisions which will help our residents in their journey of recovery . You will also be responsible for
- Ensure a high standard of nursing assessment, treatment and care to residents in the therapeutic community;
- Administer medication as prescribed including liaison with doctors, psychiatrist, pharmacist and other specialists;
- Arrange specialist health appointments and follow up as required for residents;
- Liaise with and co-ordinate appointments for GP’s, Midwives, hospitals and community based services.
- Participate in Multi discipline team meetings
- Provide training for staff including; Health, medical issues, infection control and other related topics
Qualifications/Experience required for this position include:
- Current Practicing Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current Class 1 Full NZ Driver Licence
- Commitment to te reo Maori (me ona Tikanga) and a hands on Whanau approach to treatment
· Knowledge of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and practical ways to implement it within your work.
· Experience working in rehabilitation with people who are alcohol and drug dependent
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- Strong knowledge and understanding of psychotropic medications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as an effective team member and relate positively to a diverse range of people
Experience working in the AOD or Mental Health field or lived experience of addiction challenges would be considered advantageous.
· Part Time Hours – Monday – Friday 7am – 1pm
· Competitive starting salary rewarded
· Annual Training Allowance to help develop your skills and improve your professional knowledge
· Internal Team & External Clinical Supervision
Candidates with a personal history of alcohol and other drug dependence are required to have a minimum of two years abstinence.
Higher Ground is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police clearance checks will be required for this role. .
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to Carlene Clarke, HR Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org