We have 2 fantastic Casual opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our interdisciplinary team at Piri Pono and use your sound background in clinical mental healthcare to make a positive difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
WHO WE ARE:
As a respected not-for-profit, Ember – Korowai Takitini, believes in providing innovative, person-centred solutions for people experiencing mental distress, people with addiction issues and people with intellectual disabilities. Our mental health, alcohol and other drug and intellectual disability support services work throughout New Zealand’s north island.
Our interdisciplinary Piri Pono Team is a pioneering peer-led residential service that requires Registered Nurses to walk alongside guests during their stay at our stunning Silverdale location.
There is a mix of peer-led, mainstream, dual diagnosis and collaborative services, including residential and respite facilities, mobile community teams, assisted employment agencies and a vibrant social enterprise. Innovation and flexibility are balanced with practical processes and sound management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Take responsibility for ensuring all nursing practice and conduct meets ethical and compliance (including legislative) requirements.
- Embracing alternative and non-clinical mental health treatment options.
- Work alongside Peer Support Workers who practice within the Intentional Peer Support model.
- Collaborate strongly with guests, their whanau, non-clinical colleagues and WDHB staff.
- Deliver truly negotiated and effective partnership nursing.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Qualified and experienced Registered Nurse, preferably within Mental Health Sector and/or Residential.
- Knowledge of mental health rehabilitation approaches or recovery-focused.
- A team player with a proactive, positive approach and strong team ethic.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive matters whilst maintaining confidentiality and objectivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain credibility and relationships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate, adapt to and engage a wide spectrum of people with diverse backgrounds, ages, and cultures.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
- A full Driver’s License and a Current Annual Practicing Certificate.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- In return we will offer you meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Potential opportunities for internal transfers, secondments and to quickly increase your responsibilities.
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Want to ignite possibilities and work for an NGO at the forefront of mental health and addiction services? Then APPLY now– click on the APPLY BUTTON or email your Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com before 12pm on Friday 28th May’21.
For more Information about the job, please download the Job Description: https://ember.org.nz/careers/ or contact Ember HR on 09 523 2790.