About the role
Te Poutama Ārahi Rangatahi at Barnardos NZ is seeking a registered psychologist with leadership and management skills to lead a multi-disciplinary team that provides quality assessment and therapeutic support to young people.
- Lead, manage and support the Clinical team
- Provide quality clinical supervision to Residential staff
- Deliver regular training to staff in Clinical, Education and Residential teams
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Appropriate qualifications in either Psychology (eg Registered Psychologist, Child and Family Psychologist, or Clinical Psychologist) or other allied health role
- Eligibility for membership with an appropriate professional body
- 5+ years in an influential leadership situation providing operational team and clinical support while growing a highly engaged and high performing team
- Ethical and effective clinical and therapeutic planning, assessment and treatment experience of youth (ideally those who have engaged in harmful sexual and/or violent offences)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills Great communication skills, able to relate well to a wide range of people in both oral and written format
- Ability to build enduring professional relationships with young people, whanau/ families, staff and community
- Have a sound understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
Are you seeking a role where you can truly make a positive difference in the lives of young people, maintain a small clinical caseload and support and lead staff?
Do you take pride in leading from the front?
Are you committed to exhibiting strong engagement skills, growing and mentoring the team?
If so this could be the next role for you.
The work can be rewarding and offers an opportunity to stretch and extend your skills/ experience. You will need to be resilient and flexible with a positive attitude and be capable of working in an emotionally demanding environment, while maintaining a high level of self awareness and clear professional boundaries.
The position holder is also part of the dynamic leadership team at Te Poutama Arahi Rangatahi that requires a strategic thinker, is confident in planning and decision making while also managing multiple conflicting demands.
Benefits and perks
- Proactive staff wellbeing and support
- Professional development and support through high quality supervision and training opportunities
- Family friendly organisation
- Be part of the Barnardos whanau surrounded by amazing and supportive people
- Reduced cost childcare
- Purchasing privileges/discounts, group scheme health insurance
- Competitive salary and flexible working conditions
Barnardos is New Zealand's leading children's charity. We tailor our services to respond to local needs, individual challenges and diverse experiences. We are deeply committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the principles it represents - it is an essential part of who we are and the work we do.
We're here for all Kiwi kids. Every day, our services and staff make a real and positive difference in the lives of thousands of children and families across New Zealand.
With your help, we can do even more. To view the position description please visit: https://www.barnardos.org.nz/w...
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday, 26 March 2021.
Please apply only if you are eligible to live and work in New Zealand.