The Higher Ground Drug Rehabilitation Trust provides quality abstinence-based treatment within a therapeutic community for clients who are severely dependent on alcohol and other drugs. Our primary focus is an 18-week residential programme which is based on 12 Step recovery principles.
This position is responsible for:
- the security and safety of clients during the day, evening and night hours
- to ensure the continuity and maintain a well-functioning Therapeutic Community
- administrative duties as directed
- implement programme activities
- interaction with residents in a supportive manner
Alongside Mountains of empathy with a few peaks of resilience and firmness, you must have a sense of fun, team spirit and openness will create a fine balance of positivity and realism.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be able to:
- Supervise clients and implement directed activities
- Understand the 12 step programme
- Proficient user of computer applications
- Be reliable and have good boundaries
- A knowledge of the Therapeutic Community (TC)
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to establish rapport with individual clients and relate to their families/whanau
Experience working in the AOD field or Lived experience of addiction challenges would be considered advantageous. The successful candidate will also need to have Level 4 Peer Support Worker Certificate or equivalent qualification or be willing to study.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to our employees and are proud to employ and train our staff throughout the organisation. We provide a career pathway for staff through the learning and development framework to achieve NZQA qualifications, which are fully funded.
Candidates with a personal history of alcohol and other drug dependence are required to have a minimum of two years abstinence.
Higher Ground is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police clearance checks will be required for this role. .
We will be shortlisting as we receive applications; this may include interviewing. Please send your cover letter and CV by email to Carlene Clarke, HR Administrator: email@example.com