Residential Support Worker
Abeo House – Mental Health Service
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week), rostered shifts
Pay Rate: $21.50ph-$27.00ph (depending on qualification)
This role falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health Support Worker
This residential services operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, based in Birkdale
- Must have a certificate in Health and Wellbeing L4 or equivalent.
- Valid current work visa, residency or citizenship.
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
Who You are:
- A client-centred, recovery focused approach.
- Insight to know when and how to engage with Whanau.
- Experience, instinct and decency to be appropriately culturally sensitive.
- Mountains of empathy with a few peaks of resilience and firmness.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Applicants must share the teams’ deep belief in holistic, face-to-face, participative and highly inventive recovery-based approaches. A sense of fun, team spirit and openness will complement a fine balance of positivity and pragmatism.
What We Offer:
- Meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Potential opportunities for internal transfers, secondments and to quickly increase your responsibilities.
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
About Support Worker:
The role of Support Worker, we believe, is the key ingredient for successful client outcomes. Consequently, we provide ample and on-going tools and encouragement to develop, grow and flourish in the role, striving to ensure an environment of learning, teamwork, and enjoyment.
Above all, we are looking for those who can embrace the breadth and variety of the role, which ranges from basic practical help to pioneering therapeutic support.
Please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday, 5th September 2021 at 12:00pm
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website http://www.Ember.org.nz/careers
For more information about this job, please contact Lucille Martin, Team Manager, Abeo, on: 027 700 4762