Residential Support Worker(s)
Abeo House – Mental Health Service
· Position 1 - Permanent, full-time (40 hrs per week)
· Position 2 – Fixed-term Contract, full-time (40hrs per week)
Rotating Shifts (Service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week)
Pay Equity Rate: $21.50ph-$27.00ph (depending on qualification)
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember falls under health sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated including Booster vaccination.
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
The role of Support Worker, we believe, is the key ingredient for successful client outcomes. Consequently, we provide ample and on-going tools and encouragement to develop, grow and flourish in the role, striving to ensure an environment of learning, teamwork, and enjoyment.
Above all, we are looking for those who can embrace the breadth and variety of the role, which ranges from basic practical help to pioneering therapeutic support.
You must share the teams’ deep belief in holistic, face-to-face, participative and highly inventive recovery-based approaches. A sense of fun, team spirit and openness will complement a fine balance of positivity and pragmatism.
A full job description, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download from: https://ember.org.nz/careers
- Must have a certificate in Health and Wellbeing L4 or equivalent.
- Valid current work visa, residency, or citizenship.
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
You will have:
- A client-centred, recovery focused approach.
- Insight to know when and how to engage with Whanau.
- Experience, instinct, and decency to be appropriately culturally sensitive.
- Mountains of empathy with a few peaks of resilience and firmness.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this job, please contact
Ember HR : 09 523 2790.
Ember is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.