Residential Support Worker (Turangi based)
Turangi- High and Complex Needs Residential Services
Permanent, Full-time (40hours per week), rostered shifts
(Service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week)
Pay Rate: $21.50 - $27.00 ph (depending on qualification)
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember is an essential service falls under Health sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated.
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lives experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
We are looking for Residential Support Workers to join our amazing high and complex needs residential rehabilitation service. Walking into a team with equal mana to share experience and knowledge, helping to have a positive impact on those we support with the right mix of like-minded people, empathy, and hard work.
A full job description, please email: email@example.com or download from: https://ember.org.nz/careers
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter by clicking APPLY NOW button
You will have:
- Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (working towards it) or a qualification that is equivalent.
- a New Zealand full Driver’s License
- knowledge of mental health rehabilitation approaches (e.g., cognitive remediation, psychosocial rehabilitation), experience working with co-occurring addictions and/or cognitive difficulties and knowledge of Māori health approaches would be greatly welcomed.
- a great sense of humour and likes to be in a quirky environment.
- know your way around a computer and preferably Microsoft programmes.
You will be:
- a zest for working with whanau, other agencies, and people from all different cultures.
- dynamic, loves change, brings ideas, energy to drive positive changes within the sector.
- client-centered, recovery-focused approach. You must unwaveringly believe in people’s ability to progress no matter the obstacles.
- balance between having the ability to make common sense decisions whilst also being able to think unconventionally and try new things.
For more information about this job, please contact
Ember HR : 09 523 2790 or download from https://ember.org.nz/careers
Ember is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.