Our services are community based residential youth services in Christchurch. The services are vital to providing support, care and interventions for rangatahi, working closely with our partners eg clinicians, Oranga Tamariki, Police, NGOs, whanau etc in a multi disciplinary team approach. . You will be engaging with rangatahi to participate positively in their home environment as they learn to adapt and practice new ways of coping and communicating safely.
About the role(s)
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join and lead a dynamic team that is dedicated to really making a difference in our rangitahi's lives. We are looking for an enthusiastic Manager who has a solid background ideally within residential care of clients with high and complex needs.
Our residential services operate 24/7. You will use your skills and experience to lead a specialist residential team focused on delivering a quality service to our rangitahi. You will be experienced in coaching, mentoring and rostering of staff and support creative and innovative solutions for service delivery. Along with this you will be passionate about seeing rangitahi achieve great education, health and social outcomes. You need to be resilient, a great problem solver & be able to utilize interpersonal savvy to create a positive working environment despite the daily challenges.
What you need;
- An in depth knowledge and experience in working with clients who have high and complex needs
- 2 years experience of working in a residential or social services sector is preferred
- At least two years management experience including people leadership
- Experience working positively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve service objectives;
- experience working in a multi disciplinary team approach including with government departments e.g. Oranga Tamariki, Police, Health.
- A human services qualification is desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- National organisation, with lots of opportunities to grow, with lots of training and development available along with career opportunities
- An organisation that lives by its values
- Supportive team, team meetings and supervision to ensure you're keeping well and well informed in the workplace
- Great job satisfaction, you'll be improving someone's quality of life by helping them to realise their potential
- Staff benefits, store discounts, discounted health insurance, use of fleet vehicles, free counselling
How to apply;
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata