Part-time Respite Support Worker
- Ongoing training and development
- Amazing company culture and staff benefits
- Handy North Shore Location
Koromiko House is a leading mental health respite service on the North Shore, providing a safe, calm, and nurturing home environment for up to seven guests 24/7. Guests stay with us on average between 4 – 10 days.
You will be working alongside another team member in this unique and varied position. Duties include responding to the needs of our guests, administering medications, household tasks, and light administration work. The hours are 2.30 pm to 11 pm Friday and Saturday with the opportunity for additional shifts. We are open to candidates taking on only one shift a week. Please let us know your preferred day (Friday or Saturday) when applying.
Skills and Experience
- Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing or equivalent qualification. Qualifications are preferred but not essential. Equip will support you to complete the Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Mental Health and Addiction Support)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A clean full NZ drivers licence
- NZ resident or a valid NZ work visa
- Ability to build rapport and empathise with people from diverse backgrounds
- Calm and caring with a holistic approach
Koromiko House is part of Equip, we are an independent mental health Not for Profit organisation associated with Windsor Park Baptist Church. We are supportive of our team and proud to offer career development opportunities as well as ongoing training and development. Our team feels valued, supported, and appreciated which enables us to bring about positive change in the lives of others living in our community.
If you’re interested in being part of a team that cares for people and brings about positive change, apply today!