- Are you an RHP with current NZ registration and practicing certificate?
- Part-time permanent position within a great and supportive work environment
- This role is located in central Christchurch area
Do you want to develop your professional career and provide clinical support for people experiencing mental illness to help manage their health and wellbeing needs?
We are looking for an experienced Registered Health Professional to join our Pathways adult mental health services in Christchurch.
This is a part-time permanent role working 20 hours per week, Tuesday and Wednesday 6hrs and Thursday 8hrs. The days/hours can be negotiated. You will also be required to be on call approximately 3 times a year for which you will be receiving an additional financial incentive and a wellbeing leave.
We require a Registered Health Professional to work with a Team Coach and dedicated team of Support Workers in our Pathways Te Whare Paki Mai Forensic Residential service in Christchurch. We provide mental health and addiction services through our Pathways, in fact, we’ve been doing it for 30 years and each year support around 6000 people.
The Registered Health Professional role will support people experiencing mental health issues to improve their physical health and wellbeing by providing group and individual programs and support. Previous mental health and addictions experience is preferred.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
We believe in hope and respect, personalised support, strengths and resilience, and recovery. We work to ensure clinical interventions are recovery focused, strengths based, and person centered. We promote health awareness and self-management skills and connect people with appropriate community services.
You will report to the Team Coach and join the Te Whare Paki Mai team. You will also be familiar with working across our Pathways services in Christchurch, residential, community and respite
You will be registered as one of the following - Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or Nurse, with comprehensive and/or psychiatric scope, and the ability to work within the field of mental health.
- You have a current full New Zealand driver licence
- Good understanding of admissions, referral processes and completion of assessments
- Confident in communicating with clinicians and working alongside the Team Coach
- Knowledge of the Canterbury health and social service sector would be advantageous.
- You’ll thrive in a supportive multi-disciplinary team environment where your skills and knowledge are valued and respected by your colleagues.
- You’re a fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas
- You’ll have a non-judgmental approach to working within a diverse population.
- You’ll be known for your caring, friendly and approachable manner and be passionate about your professional role and identity.
In this role, you can look forward to a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Friday 6th August 2021. PLEASE NOTE this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position description: please copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PW_Registered-Health-Professional.pdf
Contact: Chrissy Webster, Team Coach 027 247 6106 if you have any questions.
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.