Tu pakari tonu mai e te Whare Tapawha! - Let the house of health and well-being stand strong
Kaiwhakamahereora Hinegaro - Senior AOD Clinician - MT Wellington
He korero mo matou - About us
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whanau, including Health and Disability, Youth, and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
Nga Ratonga - Our services
EaseUp is an exciting new community-based service located in Mt Wellington and we are looking for a Senior Alcohol and other Drug Clinician to join our EaseUp whanau.
You will have the opportunity to work in an innovative addiction assessment and treatment setting supporting youth aged 12-24 years. Much of the services offered by the team are provided to people in their own homes and communities.
The service works within the principles of abstinence and harm reduction and in a holistic manner, recognising the multi-faceted problems that co-exist with AOD addiction. You will be a resilient natural leader, approachable, happy to support and offer guidance to colleagues, and most importantly who a Service Manager can trust and rely on.
He korero mo te turanga - The role
Our Senior AOD Clinicians are responsible for providing clinical assessment and treatment for Rangatahi who present with substance use issues. Rangatahi are supported to work towards their treatment goals by the AOD Clinician's integration of clinical expertise and competencies with recovery approaches. Administration and completing client pathway documentation which is also a large part of our Senior Clinician's role.
In addition, the Senior AOD Clinician provides coaching and mentoring support to the AOD Clinical team, facilitates professional development opportunities and participates in quality improvement projects and tasks as identified by the Service Manager.
This is a full-time permanent position and our services operate from Monday - Friday and would suit someone who is looking for a new challenge and ready to take the next step in their career.
He korero mou - About you
It goes without saying that you will need a Current full APC - either DAPAANZ registration or registration with a Professional Body covered by HCPA 2003 Act or Social Worker Registration Act 2003.
You will also bring the following:
- Post qualifying experience with a minimum of two years working in AOD services
- A passion for and understanding of working with youth
- Demonstrated coaching, mentoring and leadership skills
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal and professional boundaries and self-care strategies
- Well developed documentation and computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice
- A current full, clean driver's licence
Ko ta matou mahi - We offer
Not will you be a part of an amazing whanau here at EaseUp, but you will also have an experienced, humorous, supportive service manager, who is dedicated to developing you into your next step. With Emerge being a national organisation this is easily accomplished.
We offer the following:
- Safe and supportive work environment where employees are valued
- Opportunity to part of a passionate new youth service
- A company that is committed to supporting professional development, inclusive of ten days study leave
- Join a great team of people who care about supporting and making a difference in the community
- You'll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals - in return we'll also help you to reach yours
- Wellness days and other amazing wellness staff benefits
Me pehea te tono mai - How to apply
Click the apply button now and upload your CV and cover letter telling us about yourself! This role will be advertised until filled so apply today.
Please note: In response to the extension of the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 as well as the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination for this role. For more information, please see Covid-19 information site.