Are you a Senior Peer Support Specialist or a Peer Support Specialist looking to step into a senior role? Are you passionate about helping people on their recovery journeys and have your own experience of mental health and/or addictions? If this sounds like you, then keep reading.
In this role you would be working 24 hours per week Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday 3.00pm to 11.30pm, based in our Adult acute service in Christchurch.
As a Senior Peer Support Specialist, you might be kept busy supporting people with budgeting and independent daily living skills or attending appointments and advocating for people. You might be assisting people to connect with their communities. You’ll need to be prepared to do whatever it takes - cleaning, cooking, gardening, personal care or helping out with everyday household tasks. You will also be coaching and mentoring other Peer Specialist in support of the Team Coach.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Pathways Christchurch Peer Acute support team. This is a service that is an alternative to a hospital admission, working in a team of 20 peer support specialists – all with a common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
We are interested to hear from people who have worked in a mental health setting, have a caring nature and work in a recovery focused way, you will be able to provide medication support for our people and have impeccable attention to detail.
You will need:
- A current peer employment training certificate and WRAP
- You'll have Intentional Peer support training
- A current full New Zealand drivers licence
- A current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Hold a New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 4 (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent
- Experience working in a peer lead service
- You’re a great listener the sort of person who will listen deeply to the people who use our services
- You’re a fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas
- You’re energising, inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach
- You’re a communicator - the sort of positive person who loves working with people
In this role, you can look forward to a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Thursday 22 April 2021. PLEASE NOTE this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/PW_SPSS.pdf
Contact: Melanie Elder, Team Coach on 027 702 9830 if you have any questions.
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.