Exciting Senior Policy Advisor opportunity
- Permanent position with Mental Health and Wellbeing Commission
- Help transform our mental health and addiction system
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi grounded organisation
Do you thrive in an environment where you can be part of shaping something new? Are you looking for a role that will have a positive impact on the lives of all people in Aotearoa New Zealand?
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Commission opened its doors on 9 February 2021. Our role is to contribute to better and equitable mental health and wellbeing outcomes for all people in Aotearoa.
Our Mental Health and Addiction team have a significant work programme, which includes:
- promoting alignment and coordination of the mental health and addiction sector
- assessment, monitoring, and reporting on mental health and addiction services
- advocating for improvement of services and the sector
- advocating for the collective interests of people with lived experience of mental distress or addiction (or both), and the people, family and whānau who support them.
We are looking for an experienced senior policy advisor with strong critical thinking skills, significant research experience, and advanced writing skills. We are particularly interested in applications from those with policy expertise in addiction and substance harm.
This is a great time to join our small team and contribute to improving mental health and wellbeing for Māori, for our priority population groups, and for all people living in Aotearoa.
We are an organisation grounded in Te Tiriti o Waitangi and are committed to fulfilling our responsibility as an independent Crown entity to work in partnership with Māori.
We are actively seeking applications from people who represent our priority populations, and we encourage people with personal experience of a mental health or addiction recovery journey to apply.
Please visit our website www.mhwc.govt.nz where you can download the position description and application form. Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12pm Thursday, 22 July 2021.