- Full time position, working Monday to Friday
- Based in Manukau, Auckland
- This exciting role is an important part of Aotearoa New Zealand’s future wellbeing
Lead and manage the promotion, coordination and delivery of LifeKeepers national suicide prevention training and education programme.
Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi – With your contribution and my contribution, the community will prosper.
If you have a heart for the preservation of whānau and of whakapapa, and the courage to stand tall in this space – preventing suicide amongst our people – then this role may be for you.
Kaua e whakama, waea mai 021 791 055 for a kōrero. Read through the pānui and rise to the challenge. We are looking to extend our whānau here at LifeKeepers – this could be you.
Le Va is New Zealand’s national Pacific wellbeing non-government organisation within the Wise Group. Our purpose is to support Pasifika people reach their full potential so that our families and communities are flourishing. Our approach is holistic: we believe health encompasses mental, physical, social and spiritual wellbeing. Our portfolio supports this perspective, encompassing mental health, addictions, disability, public health, suicide prevention, violence prevention, and cultural competency programmes.
We’re looking for an outstanding person to fill the role of Senior Project Coordinator. The primary function of this role is to support the LifeKeepers, Senior Manager and team to develop and deliver Aotearoa, New Zealand’s national suicide prevention programme. For the Senior Project Coordinator, this means leading specific projects within the LifeKeepers and wider Le Va team and meeting the required performance standard.
This is a full-time position, working Monday- Friday, 40 hours per week.
We’re looking for an outstanding addition to our whānau. Someone who has a strong connection to Māori culture, is a team player with a kind heart, and has excellent project management and workshop facilitation skills. You will also be natural and adept at managing relationships. You will have the skills, knowledge, and experience to independently manage specific projects, facilitate education and training, and effectively engage Māori communities. You will also be passionate about reducing suicide within Māori communities in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- We’re seeking a leader who is driven and passionate about preventing suicide, about whānau Māori, and ultimately, ensuring all communities reach their full potential.
- You’ll be an achiever who can see what needs to be done and gets on with doing it.
- You’ll inspire others with your energy, enthusiasm and motivation to act with the ability to collaborate and connect to bring people, groups and organisations together.
- You’re a critical thinker who can apply clear, rational, logical thinking to problem solving, applies empathic assessment and analysis, formulating solutions and independently trouble shooting risk and errors.
- High level of understanding of Māori culture, values, political and structural systems
- Knowledge and commitment to taha Māori me ona tikanga
- Intermediate to advanced te reo Māori
- Engaging and respectful training facilitator
- Demonstrable project-management and time-management skills
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Experience in e-Learning and teaching
- Quality assurance in education expertise
- Knowledge or experience with contract management/ procurement
- Mental health, addiction, wellbeing and/or suicide prevention expertise
The Wise Group are passionate supporters of our communities and vulnerable populations. We place a high value on the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the people we support. We endorse the Ministry of Health recommendation for vaccinations to protect us all against COVID-19. It is therefore our expectation that all new Wise Group employees are vaccinated.
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
If you’ve got what it takes and are inspired to make a difference to the future wellbeing of all New Zealanders, then apply now!
Applications Close: Monday 18th October 2021. Please note, this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date
Position Description: To view a full position description, please copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/SeniorProjectCoordinatorLifeKeepers-PD.pdf
Contact: Tiana Watkins, Senior Manager- Suicide Prevention, if you have any questions – 021 791 055
For further information about Le Va, visit our website www.leva.co.nz