Senior Support Worker – Awake (Hamilton)
Hamilton (Hillcrest)- High and Complex Needs Residential Services
Permanent, Full-time (40hours per week). Awake shift: 11pm to 7am
Pay Band: 57,336 - $61,384pa Depending on qualification, and experience
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction, or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
We have an exciting new role within our Hamilton residential services supporting the awake shift across three sites. This is to ensure that staff and whaiora needs are meet whilst providing consistent and high-quality support during the hours of 11pm – 7am.
A full job description, please email: email@example.com or download from: https://ember.org.nz/careers
Ember is an Essential Service falls under Health Sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated.
You will have:
- a current registration and practising certificate in Nurse/Occupational Therapy/Social Worker/Counsellor
- a New Zealand full Driver’s License
- knowledge of mental health rehabilitation approaches (e.g., cognitive remediation, psychosocial rehabilitation), experience working with co-occurring addictions and/or cognitive difficulties and knowledge of Māori health approaches would be greatly welcomed.
- a great sense of humour and likes to be in a quirky environment.
- know your way around a computer and preferably Microsoft programmes.
- fully vaccinated or had at least your first injection.
- the ability to build relationships
You will be:
- a zest for working with whanau, other agencies, and people from all different cultures.
- dynamic, loves change, brings ideas, energy to drive positive changes within the sector.
- client-centered, recovery-focused approach. You must unwaveringly believe in people’s ability to progress no matter the obstacles.
- balance between having the ability to make common sense decisions whilst also being able to think unconventionally and try new things
For more information about this job, please contact
Ember HR: 09 523 2790.