Who we are
HealthCare NZ provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout New Zealand. Since 1988 we have been caring, supporting and empowering people in need to live independently, safely and well in their community as well as in specialized treatment settings. We help people gain access to needed services, ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for and live as independently as possible.
What's the role about?
As a Service Delivery Manager - Disability, you are responsible for leading the delivery of multiple residential, vocational, respite, or community-based disability support services within the Wairarapa region. You will possess strong people management experience, leading a team of around 40 support workers to ensure the people we support are placed at the heart of everything we do.
This role will require regular day trips around the Wairarapa region, as well as the occasional weekend you will be required to be on call.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and maintain an engaged, motivated and high performing team across the services you lead
- Monitor and effectively manage the quality performance of services
- Deliver appropriate quality-of-life, clinically informed, person-centric support for the people we support in our services
- Ensure the balanced management of funding contracts in your area, to ensure both customer needs and financial requirements are met
- Build and maintain strong, open communication with the people we support, and their families/whanau, communities, and natural support networks
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Experience in a service management/operations role, preferably within the disability or community services sectors
- Strong leadership experience, a passion and expertise for developing skills in others
- Previous financial and budget management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, and highly developed emotional intelligence
- A love of problem solving combined with resilience to cope with unexpected situations
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
Choose a role that will not only see you develop your career but will also provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community each and every day. Apply today if you think you could be our next Service Delivery Manager!