Would you like a rewarding career where every day is different? This could be your opportunity to utilise your skills and start your journey with Emerge Aotearoa leading a team of people who truly want to make a difference in people's lives.
- Grow your career, be challenged and realise the potential in you and others around you.
- Work for a national provider of social services delivering a wide range of service types to a disadvantaged section of the population.
- Become part of our residential service based in Rolleston
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join a dynamic team that is dedicated to really making a difference in our people's lives. Working with a number of stakeholders such as Emerge Aotearoa, CDHB, Police, and other NGO's you will provide support to whaiora (clients) ensuring they are linked into the most appropriate agency to support their wellbeing.
This position will be responsible for completing staff rosters, client programmes, risk management and people leadership. Relationship management is also essential as this work requires a village of people to support our whaiora (client). This work is not for the faint hearted but it is for those that want to be part of the solution.
We are a residential intensive rehabilitation facility that operate 24 hours per day. The position is Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm with flexibility required if there is a call out for you to be on site outside of these hours.
What you need;
- Ideally 5 years' experience in residential care
- Ideally at least 2-3 years' experience in working with adults in a mental health field - specifically autism
- Previous experience working in a residential or institutional environment
- Preferably at least 3 years' management/leadership experience
- Experience working in the high and complex space is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be fluent in English
- Be culturally aware and experienced working with diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills, a 'can-do' attitude and be able to demonstrate strong personal and professional boundaries, as well as a high degree of self-awareness
- Flexibility in the hours you can work as this role will also require you to participate in the on-call roster
You need to be resilient, a great problem solver & be able to utilize interpersonal savvy to make the most out of daring situations and create a positive working environment despite daily challenges. You will also need to comfortable working alongside clinical teams and be able to operationalise clinical recommendations in a residential environment.
What's in it for you?
- A company who is committed to supporting professional development
- Join a great team of people who care about supporting people and making a difference in the community
- You'll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals - in return we'll also help you to reach yours
- You have a chance of creating and developing this new service being offered in Canterbury and lead a team of passionate people.
If you are someone who can build rapport, build strong relationship and are passionate about working with adults we would love to hear from you.
How to apply;
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata