Are you seeking a management opportunity to kick-start your 2022? As a Service Manager (General) you will be responsible for supporting and guiding Support Workers to provide high-level support to people in our community with intellectual disabilities.
- Permanent Full Time – 80 hours per fortnight – manage your own time, and be involved in the on-call roster.
- Great commencement rate with a work vehicle - the car can be used for personal use too.
- IDEA Services Nelson branch, based within the Nelson area.
Our Service Managers are responsible for the delivery of wrap-around services provided to people who have intellectual disabilities. You will require strong problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and a hands-on approach with a focus on great outcomes for the people we support. We work within an unpredictable environment that requires resilience to manage unforeseen circumstances – no two days are the same.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and ensuring delivery of support services for people with disabilities
- Managing a team of Support Workers
- Building positive relationships with Whanau including their involvement in the care of their loved ones
- Planning and coordinating the work of your team to ensure the best service outcomes are achieved (including rostering and staff training)
- Celebrating the achievements of our service users
- Implementing best practice strategies and managing health & safety requirements
You will be a passionate leader who cares about your team with the ability to strike a balance between ‘the paperwork’ and being visible to your team and the people we support. Supported by an Area Manager, you will be joining a collaborative working environment where wins and challenges are shared.
You will bring:
- Strong people management experience with a focus on service delivery
- Relevant technical experience (e.g. rostering, personal planning, risk management etc)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build positive working relationships within the organisation, and in the community
- Ability to deliver required outcomes within a high-pressured and changing environment
- Previous professional or personal experience within the Health and Disability industry is highly desirable
- Flexible, positive, and can-do attitude
We provide 24/7 services all year round, and the ability to participate in an on-call roster is essential to the delivery of our services.
We offer you:
- Rewarding opportunity to work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation that provides support services to people with intellectual disabilities
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities including a Level 5 Leadership Qualification that we will support you through and meet the cost of fees
- Commencement rate of $69,959-$73,069pa, a vehicle that can be used for personal use, and an on-call allowance
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people’s wellbeing
- Energetic and dedicated Nelson team with approachable and supportive management.
About IDEA Services
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand’s largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Our services are founded on IHC’s utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their own community.
IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.