- Are you looking for a meaningful career where you can make a difference in the lives of people living in our community?
- Develop and enhance your people management skills as you lead, guide, and work alongside a team of Support Workers to provide a high level of care.
An exciting leadership opportunity has become available for a Service Manager – General in Gisborne. If you have a genuine interest in providing support to people living with an intellectual disability and are able to build strong relationships with service users, their families, and staff to support the delivery of a safe and high-quality service then this could be the position for you.
About IDEA Services:
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Our services are founded on IHC's utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their own community.
IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
About the role:
Reporting to the Area Manager, as the Service Manager, you will effectively manage the delivery of quality services through relationship management where you will build strong relationships with service users and their whanau, and grow and establish networks within the community. You will oversee the day to day operations of the business, budgeting, service evaluation while ensuring a high level of service is being provided. You will have strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to think on your feet to reach positive outcomes.
Our team is dedicated to the continuation of a supportive and collaborative environment, and we are excited to offer you a truly exciting and rewarding management opportunity to work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation that provides support services to people with intellectual disabilities.
You will bring:
With your proven experience within the Health and Disability, and/or Mental Health sectors you will also bring:
- Previous people management experience, with a genuine desire to make a positive difference in people's lives
- A can-do attitude and hands-on approach, with the resilience to work positively within a changing environment
- Previous change management experience is beneficial
- A track record of developing a highly functional and positive team
- Flexibility to participate in an On-Call roster and weekends as required
- Full New Zealand driver’s license
In return we offer:
- Permanent Full Time, 80hrs per fortnight position offering a rewarding salary package and vehicle that is available to be used for personal use.
- Organisational discounts on gym memberships, monthly mobile plans, insurance and eyecare packages through a leading optometrist.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including a Leadership Qualification that we will support you through and meet the cost of fees.
- Warm and welcoming team environment with approachable and supportive management.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please complete an online application via the IHC Group Careers Website.