- Are you seeking a meaningful career where you can make a difference to the lives of people living in your community?
- Develop and enhance your people management skills by leading, guiding, and supporting a team of Support Workers to provide a high-level of support to people with an intellectual disability.
- Permanent Full Time, 80hrs per fortnight. Manage your own hours!
IDEA Services Waikato West/King Country branch are seeking a Service Manager – General to be responsible for the management of support workers, and ensuring a high-level of service is being provided to people in our community with intellectual disabilities. Reporting to the Area Manager, you will be working alongside other Service Managers who are dedicated to the continuation of a supportive and collaborative team environment.
You will have shared responsibilities of the Supported Living Services (SLS) portfolio, ensuring individual support needs are met within peoples homes. The support that is provided includes using community facilities, helping with shopping or individual budgeting, cooking, or dealing with banks or government agencies over the phone. This is a rewarding Management position that will see you travelling within Hamilton and surrounding areas to build strong relationships with service users and their whanau, and grow and establish networks within their community. You will bring strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think on your feet to reach positive outcomes.
You will have previous people management experience and a genuine desire to make a positive difference to people’s lives. A can-do attitude and hands-on approach, with the resilience to work positively within a changing environment are essential to ensuring your success as a Service Manager.
This is a truly exciting and rewarding management opportunity work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation that provides support services to people with intellectual disabilities.
You will bring:
- Previous experience within the Health and Disability, and/or Mental Health sectors.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (Social Work would be an advantage but not essential).
- People Management experience, including HR practices related to people management.
- Previous experience in delivering required outcomes within a high-pressured and changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing a highly functional and positive team.
- Ability to participate in an On-Call roster.
- Full NZ Drivers Licence.
We offer you:
- Welcoming, supportive, and collaborative team environment.
- Starting salary of $68,969 - $72,346pa, plus a work vehicle, phone and laptop.
- An inclusive organisational culture with a focus on our people’s wellbeing.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities including a Leadership Qualification that we will support you through and meet the cost of fees.
About IDEA Services
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand’s largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Our services are founded on IHC’s utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their own community.
IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work. Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.