- Leadership opportunity ensuring Support Workers continue to provide high-level support to people with high, complex and challenging needs (e.g. palliative care).
- Permanent Full Time including On-Call requirements.
- South-East Auckland Area (Manurewa – Eastern Suburbs – Greenlane)
The IDEA Services South-East Auckland team is seeking an energetic and dedicated Service Manager – Speciality Focus to provide leadership and support to a group of Support Workers, ensuring people with intellectual disabilities are provided with a high level of support needs. You will build strong relationships with service users and their whanau to identify individual needs and wants and determine how these can be achieved.
You will bring a genuine desire to make a difference in others’ lives and experience within an Allied Health or Nursing environment. A can-do attitude and hands-on approach with the resilience to work positively within a changing environment are essential.
People Management experience would be beneficial but not essential as you will be joining a collaborative team environment where support is available across the organisation.
As a Service Manager, you will be provided with a rewarding opportunity to work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation and be supported by your immediate team and the broader organisation.
You will bring
- Experience within a setting where people with high and complex needs and challenging behaviours.
- Willingness to pitch in and be a team player.
- Ability to motivate others and build a positive team culture.
- Resilience to achieve required deliverables within a high-pressure and changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Full NZ Drivers Licence.
We offer you
- A rewarding opportunity to work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation that provides support services to people with intellectual disabilities.
- Commencement rate of $68,969 - $72,346pa, plus a work vehicle.
- Insurance available after two years of service.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people’s wellbeing.
- Professional Development opportunities, including support to obtain a Level 5 Leadership qualification, covering the cost of fees.
- Energetic and dedicated team with approachable and supportive management.
About IDEA Services
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Our services are founded on IHC's utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their own community.
IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work. Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.