Where you’ll be working: Community Mental Health, 193 London Street, Hamilton - Specialist Eating Disorder Service and Midland Region Expert Eating Disorder Hub.
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
About the service:
Waikato DHB Specialist Eating Disorders Service (SEDS) is a small multi-disciplinary team providing service delivery to clients with complex and severe eating disorders, their families and communities. The Midland Region Expert Eating Disorder Hub tasks are to promote and develop Eating Disorder services in the five DHBS within the Midland Region.
About the role:
We are looking for a Registered Health Professional with experience in providing evidence-based treatment for clients with eating disorders, has a relevant New Zealand annual practicing certificate, or is eligible to obtain one.
The successful candidate will:
• Bring experience of practice in working with clients with eating disorders (both mental health and medical presentations).
• Demonstrate advanced clinical care, utilizing evidence based best practice to facilitated client and service development.
• Be a team player and can work collaboratively with a range of disciplines.
Candidates without previous Specialist Eating Disorder experience, but whom either have experience in delivering evidence-based treatment in Mental Health and also have a strong interest in working in this field and a willingness to learn will also be considered.
You will contribute to the Midland Hub team providing clinical services in the following areas:
• Eating disorder services to clients and their families.
• Training, advice, consultation and other supervision to health professionals for the Midland Region Expert Hub for Eating Disorders.
• Consultation supporting service development for Midland Eating Disorder Services.
Please click here to view the position description.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: Open until filled
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga