- Exciting opportunity to be part of Explore's growing leadership team
- Contribute to developing our new school counselling service
- Full time position based in Wellington, Hawkes Bay or in between
Who are we| Ko wai matou?
Explore is part of NZ Health Group and our vision is to enhance the wellbeing of all New Zealanders. We do this by partnering directly with people, their whānau and wider support networks to provide high quality, evidence-based wellbeing services that build on people's existing strengths and resources. We adopt ethical approaches that promote human rights, inclusion in society and equal opportunities.
We work across traditional boundaries and bring together a variety of disciplines and expertise, ensuring an efficient innovative, person centred and community focussed service to clients at all times.
About the role | He korero whakamarama mo tenei turanga
We are seeking to appoint a Specialist Service Manager to provide strong leadership, oversight, and development of our new school counselling service in the Wellington and Hawkes Bay region.
You will be setting up a new school counselling service in several schools and you will be experienced at building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships. You will work with school leadership teams to understand the unique needs of the ākonga/learners at the school, their cultural needs and will have a strong commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
You will have the opportunity to be part of the set up and development stage through to delivery of this exciting new service. It will be your role to lead the development and implementation of a high-quality service that supports student wellbeing in an integrated, multicomponent model centred on meaningful engagement.
As part of Explore's leadership team, you will promote a supportive, collaborative and positive workplace and contribute to the growth and development of our Mental Health and Wellbeing Services.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships (internally and externally) with stakeholders including tamariki and their whānau, school leadership teams and Board of Trustees. You will manage service delivery issues, ensuring expectations of schools, students and Ministry of Education are met.
What you will bring | Nga tohungatanga mo tenei turanga
- Demonstrated experience leading high performing teams with a minimum of 3 years management experience
- Proven experience in successful strategic planning and implementation.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, staff, and key stakeholders.
- Relevant experience working within the health, education, disability and/or behaviour support sector
- Financial management and business development experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as health, social services, disability, or business management
- Strong cultural awareness
- Strong regional knowledge
- Full driving licence and the ability to travel
Why Us | He aha ai matou?
- A professional, supportive and client focused environment where innovation and skills transfer are valued
- Commitment to your professional and personal development
- Autonomy with easy access to management, clinical oversight and peer support through our flat structure
- Satisfaction in the role - knowing you are making a difference
Come and join us at this exciting time and help develop and lead a team of passionate specialists to offer school counselling services across these two regions.
Applications close | Te katinga o tenei whai turanga: 5 September 2021 at 5pm, interviews might take place prior to applications closing.
Please apply via our website including a CV and cover letter.
All applicants must be a NZ Resident/ Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit.