- Full time, permanent adult inpatient Speech-Language Therapy position
- Great opportunity to work across a range of specialist areas
- Join our friendly and welcoming team
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for a qualified Speech and Language Therapist to join our dedicated, supportive and friendly Adult Speech-Language Therapy team based at Auckland City Hospital. This is permanent, full - time position (40 hours/week).
- Proactively work on a complex caseload delivering high quality evidence based clinical care
- Assess and manage both communication and swallowing disorders due to a variety of conditions in an acute setting
- Develop your skills in the use of FEES, video fluoroscopy and tracheostomy management
- Implement delegated intervention plans for client care
- Collaborate with team members and other work groups to achieve our service objectives
- Work on developing positive working relationships with our clients / patients, whānau / family
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelors qualification in Speech Language Therapy or equivalent
- Registered member of the New Zealand Speech-Language Therapists’ Association (NZSTA) with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Proven experience working as a Speech-Language Therapist in a hospital setting
- Experience working with the assessment and management of communication impairment including advanced skills in FEES, VFSS and tracheostomy management (desirable)
- An understanding of bicultural issues and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Kendyl Armstrong (Speech–Language Therapy Clinical Lead) on Kendyla@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
The Speech-Language Therapy (SLT) team work across a range of specialist areas including stroke, oncology, haematology, neurosurgery, head & neck, cancer and cardiovascular intensive care. We work in a range of extended scope of practice areas including FEES, VFSS, and tracheostomy management.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Monday, 30th May at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time). We expect interviews to take place during June 2022.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB13760 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com