- Part-time position available in our Taranaki South Mobile Team in Hāwera
- 20 hours per week, Sunday- Tuesday
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
We’re looking for someone with a good understanding and commitment to the principles of recovery. A real ‘people person’ who can engage with anyone!
As a Support Worker you might be kept busy supporting people with budgeting and independent daily living skills or attending appointments and advocating for people. You might be assisting people to connect with their communities. You’ll need to be prepared to support our clients to do whatever it takes - cleaning, cooking, gardening or helping out with everyday household tasks.
This position is permanent, working 20 hours per week, Sunday- Tuesday, in the Taranaki South Mobile Team.
Sunday: 9.00am – 3.30pm, Monday and Tuesday: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Taranaki South Mobile Team, working with Support Workers who all have the common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery focused way. You will have impeccable attention to detail and be able to provide medication support for our people when needed.
- You must hold a current full driver’s license and a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement
- You’re a great listener, the sort of person who will listen deeply to the people who use our services
- You’re a fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas
- You’re energising, inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach
- You’re a communicator, the sort of positive person who loves working with people
In this role, you can look forward to having a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Thursday 15 April 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/PW_SW.pdf
Contact: Eleasha Coombe, Team Coach- Registered Health Professional, 027 293 9283
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.