Odyssey creates hopeful and safe spaces for people living with drug, alcohol and other addiction challenges to make changes and move towards a brighter future.
Our Te Wairua (co-existing disorders) service in Royal Oak conducts a unique modified residential based Therapeutic Community, and we are now seeking a skilled and caring full-time permanent Support Worker to join our team. This role involves rostered hours including some evening work and one weekend shift.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Minimum qualification required is a Level 4 Certificate in Health or related field
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- A full NZ Driver's Licence
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on the latest pay equity rates
- Paid meal breaks
- 22 days annual leave
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
- Free fruit and lunch or dinner every day!
- The opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s most experienced addiction treatment providers
- Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
- A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential. If you are adaptable, practical, results driven, can problem solve on the hop and relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the opportunity for you.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Jared Johanson on 09 2815653
Closing date: Monday 23rd August 2021