Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future.
An opportunity to take on a Support Worker position now exists within our Te Wairua Service in Counties Manakau. This is a full-time, permanent role which involves rostered hours. Our Te Wairua (co-existing disorders) services conduct a unique modified residential based Therapeutic Community.
The ideal applicant will have:
· Minimum qualification required is a Level 4 Certificate in Health or related field
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
· A full NZ Driver's Licence
In return, we offer:
· A competitive salary based on the latest pay equity rates
· 22 days annual leave
· 5 days paid study leave per annum
· Free fruit and lunch or dinner every day!
· The opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s most experienced addiction treatment providers
· Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential. If you are adaptable, practical, results driven, can problem solve on the hop and relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the opportunity for you.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 021578262.
Closing date: Friday, 24th September 2021