- Part time position available in Masterton Wairarapa
- 40 hours per fortnight, 0.5 FTE
- Want a role where you can make a real difference in the lives of others?
We’re looking for someone to be part of our Wairarapa team to partner with Primary Care GP Practices and our NGO colleagues.
You’ll be part of a broader multi-disciplinary team providing service to a specific model of care as described by clear protocols. You’ll work across GP practices in the Wairarapa.
You will learn about the approach and work alongside your peers to enhance access to a range of supports in the community and help facilitate choice by working with the broader team to identify which Provider or community agency is best suited to work with a person. The service offers short, targeted interventions to people.
The role is 40 hours per fortnight, working Monday to Friday, between 8.30am to 5.00pm. Days and time of work will be negotiated. Based in Masterton.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Pathways’ Home Based Support service, working in the community with a team of other passionate Support Workers – all with a common purpose to support people in their recovery from mental distress.
Because you’ll be working with GP practices in the Wairarapa Region including South Wairarapa, ideally you’ll have existing and strong GP connections in this location.
We are interested to hear from you if you can demonstrate that you are a
- quick learner – you can learn and deliver support to a new approach
- great communicator that can build relationships quickly with new colleagues and people needing support
- problem solver on the go
- skilled practitioner that can help people set clear goals and support them to implement the plan
The Wise Group are passionate supporters of our communities and vulnerable populations. We place a high value on the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the people we support. We endorse the Ministry of Health recommendation for vaccinations to protect us all against COVID-19. It is therefore our expectation that all new Wise Group employees are vaccinated.
You’ll also have:
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence
- A current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for support workers to complete this study.
In this role, you can look forward to extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where professional development is encouraged through training and ‘on the job’ experience, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5 October 2021. Please note, this role may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/PW_SW.pdf
Contact: Hayley Kumar, Team Coach on 027 2881219
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.