We now seek a full-time permanent Support Worker join our team at Spring Hill Prison delivering 6-month therapeutic programmes and aftercare support for up to 40 men.
Your role will support the facilitation of groups, supporting clients in achieving treatment goals and working closely with clinical colleagues to ensure the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- A relevant health qualification (Ideally a minimum Level 4 certificate)
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
- A good level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
- An ability to work with groups and individuals
- Experience working with males wanting to make meaningful changes in their lives.
- Excellent judgement and strong professional boundaries
- Report writing skills and computer proficiency
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary based on pay equity
- Location allowance for working in a corrections-based environment
- Weekly transport allowance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Varied work that supports the community
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
- A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We are a well-respected treatment organization with extensive experience in the criminal justice environment and have successfully delivered a number of contracts including the Auckland Prison Drug Treatment Programme.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Phoebe Van Donselaar on 021578262
Closing date: 9th January 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.