- Full-time position
- Working Sunday - Thursday
- Based in Titahi Bay, Porirua, Wellington
Are you the support worker we are looking for? Someone who is passionate about supporting people on their recovery journeys? If so, then keep reading.
We have a full-time position available, working Sunday – Thursday on the following roster;
Sunday & Monday – 2:30pm – 11pm
Tuesday – Thursday –7am – 3:30pm
This role is based in our Porirua Pathways’ Residential Service, based in Titahi Bay and you will support people to regain their mental health and independence.
While you will have some regular tasks that you do each day, no two days will ever be the same! You might be kept busy supporting people with their recovery goals, medication support, supporting people with budgeting and independent daily living skills or attending appointments and advocating for people. Or you might be encouraging and assisting people to connect with their communities. You’ll need to be prepared to do whatever it takes - cleaning, cooking, gardening, personal care or helping out with everyday household tasks.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Porirua Pathways’ Residential Service, based in Titahi Bay, working in the community with a team of other passionate Support Workers – all with a common purpose to support people in their recovery from mental distress.
You’ll have a caring nature and be passionate about helping people on their recovery journeys. A real ‘people person’- someone who can relate to and connect with anyone- a team player who loves to have a laugh. You’ll have excellent time management skills, be practical and have plenty of common sense and of course, you’ll have heaps of initiative and be keen to learn.
You’ll also have:
- A current full New Zealand drivers licence\
- Hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for support workers to complete this study.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 May 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position description: To view a full position description, please copy and paste the following link you’re your browser - https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/PW_SW.pdf
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.