Are adaptable, practical and results driven?
Can you problem solve on the hop, relate well to people and have a combination of life skills and work-related experience?
Then this could be the ideal work opportunity for you!
We have an opportunity in our Te Wairua Service for a mature, caring full time Support Worker to join our dedicated team, based in Royal Oak.
The Te Wairua programme operates under a unique residential-based Therapeutic Community. You will be providing support to tāngata whai ora (people seeking wellness) as part of a multi-disciplinary team, working rostered hours from Sunday to Thursday.
Our ideal applicants will have:
- At least 1 years’ experience working as a Support Worker, or similar role
- A level 4 Certificate in Health and Care (or willing to work towards completing this)
- A willingness to learn about and embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- An interest in Māori and Pasifika people’s customs and cultural norms
- Experience of working in the addictions or mental health field (desirable)
- A full NZ Driver's Licence
- Reliability, honesty and common sense are also essential qualities.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on pay equity rates
- Paid meal breaks and free meals/ fruit
- 22 days annual leave and 5 days paid study leave per annum
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021 578262
Closing date: 7 April 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.