We now have a great opportunity for a can-do individual to join our energetic and friendly team as a full-time permanent Support Worker to work rostered hours (including some weekend & evening work) at our 62 bed Adult residential facility located on a six acre park-like site in New Windsor, West Auckland.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Previous practical experience working in the addictions or mental health sectors
- A minimum level 4 Certificate in a health-related field (Ideally)
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
- A sense of humor
- A flexible 'can do' approach
- A full NZ driver’s license
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on the latest pay equity bands
- 22 days annual leave, paid meal breaks, free meals and fruit
- 5 days paid study leave per annum.
- Professional and career development opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021 578262.
Closing date: 14th April
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.