- Permanent role based in Whanganui, 32 hours per week
- Working Monday to Thursday PM shifts, 2.30pm- 11.00pm
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
We’re looking for someone with a good understanding and commitment to the principles of recovery. A real ‘people person’ who can engage with anyone!
Are you the support worker we are looking for? Someone who is passionate about supporting people on their recovery journeys? If so, then keep reading.
We have a permanent position available in our Residential Service as a Support Worker based in Whanganui.
Monday to Thursday, 2.30pm- 11.00pm
As a Support Worker you might be kept busy supporting people with budgeting and independent daily living skills, attending appointments, and advocating for people. You might be assisting people to connect with their communities. You will need to be prepared to do whatever it takes for the people we support.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Pathways Whanganui residential team. You’ll be working with Registered Health Professionals and Support Workers, all with a common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery focused way, you will have impeccable attention to detail and will be able to provide medication support for our people. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in the Mental Health sector.
- You must hold a current full driver’s licence.
- You must hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) (Level 4) or a recognised equivalent or be currently working towards this qualification.
- You’re a great listener, the sort of person who will listen deeply to the people who use our services.
- You’re a fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas.
- You’re energising, inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach.
- You’re a communicator, the sort of positive person who loves working with people.
In this role, you can look forward to having a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/PW_SW.pdf
Contact: Faye Palmer, Residential Team Coach, 027 403 6769
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.