Odyssey creates hopeful and safe spaces for people living with drug, alcohol and other addiction challenges to make changes and move towards a brighter future.
Our Te Wairua (co-existing disorders) service in Mangere East (near Middlemore Hospital) conducts a unique modified residential based Therapeutic Community, and we are now seeking a skilled and caring full-time permanent Support Worker to join our team. This role involves rostered hours including some evening work and one weekend shift.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Minimum qualification required is a Level 4 Certificate in Health or related field
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- A full NZ Driver's Licence
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on the latest pay equity rates
- The opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s most experienced addiction treatment providers
- Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
- A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
- 22 days annual leave
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
- Paid meal breaks
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential. If you are adaptable, practical, results driven, can problem solve on the hop and relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the opportunity for you.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson on 09 2815653
Closing date: Sunday 16th May