Full and part time opportunities available!
The Counties area includes Takanini, Papakura, Drury, Ramarama, Araimu, Pukekohe, Waiuku, Awhitu, Tuakau.
If you are looking for a job where you can build a long term career with the possibility of progression, where no two days are the same, you can go out to the community and are a key part of assisting others live their best lives, please read on.
About the role
The team in Counties are looking for an energetic and motivated individual(s) to join and support a range of people with an intellectual disability. In this role you will be working with people at different stages of their lives starting from young adults, to achieve greater independence and be part of their community.
This is stimulating and meaningful work where you can be creative and make every day interesting in ways that are important to others. Part of your day may include showering, administering medication, and dealing with challenging behaviour, but the rewards are amazing. Every day is different, and you need to have a flexible approach with the right attitude.
So why apply for this role? Well, this is not your typical desk job. Here you will be able to make a difference in other people's lives by empowering them to achieve their day-to-day goals and participate in daily activities - things that we often take for granted.
That is an awesome thing to be able to do.
What's on offer?
- Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
- Salary based on qualifications with a clear salary progression as you learn
- Ongoing support to achieve your National certificates in Health and Wellbeing
- Generous long-service leave entitlements plus insurance benefits after 2 years' service
- 'Refer a friend' Bonus programme
- FREE Employee Assistance programme service anytime you need health and wellbeing support
- $21.84- $27.43 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications
What will you bring?
- A 'can-do attitude' with loads of energy
- Resilience and perseverance
- The willingness to learn
- Ideally some experience in the disability sector but not necessary as full training and orientation will be provided
- Flexibility to work across a rotating fortnightly roster, including weekends and awake night shifts
- Have a Full NZ drivers' licence or be able to gain it within 3 months
- Pass a full New Zealand Police check
- Must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
IDEA Services is New Zealand's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities. We support adults of all ages to live in their own homes and enjoy life as a member of their community. Our services are founded on IHC's absolute commitment to the people we support and their families/whanau to have a good life. IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group which is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, including the provision of housing and tenancy services.
You must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination (two doses received) against COVID-19, or proof of having received at least one dose and of having made arrangements for a second dose to be received before 1 January 2022, as mandated by government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the requirements of the role applied for and our operational environment.