We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and resilient individual to join the RIDSAS team in Albany, Massey and Henderson to work alongside people with intellectual disabilities and support them through their rehabilitation journey.
As part of IHC's Regional Intellectual Disability Supported Accommodation Service (RIDSAS), we are contracted by the Ministry of Health to provide rehabilitation services for people with high and complex needs, who may have had contact with the justice system. We provide a 24/7 supervised rehabilitation service that offers clinical support, vocational opportunities and life skills programmes.
We are looking for someone to join our RIDSAS team as a full-time Support Worker in a Planned Leave Cover (PLC) role. Our PLC roles cover staff leave, so they do not have set shifts and will work in different facilities in the area. Your fortnightly roster will vary, but you are guaranteed at least 65 hours per fortnight. Shifts will include 8am-3pm, 3pm-11pm; awake nights and sleepovers shifts may be required on occasion. This role requires you to have flexibility to work in varying shifts and facilities.
In this role you will:
- Work in partnership with people to make positive changes in their lives through learning new skills and having new experiences
- Support people to develop supportive relationships with family/whanau and their community
- Encourage people to have a voice and be heard
- Safely support the rehabilitation of people with high and complex needs
- Manage risk and maintain safety while support the rehabilitation of people with high and complex needs in compliance with IDCC&R Act 2003
- Support people to live a positive, healthy, and fulfilling lifestyle
What we offer you:
- Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
- Ongoing support to achieve your National certificates in Health and Wellbeing
- Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefit
- "Refer a friend" Bonus programme
- Employee Assistance programme service anytime you might need counselling support
- $21.84- $27.43 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications
Ideally, you will have some experience in the health and disability sector, but if not, we would still love to hear from you if this is a career you want to pursue and you have the right 'can-do' attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Flexibility to work across a varying fortnightly roster, including weekends (possible night shifts)
- Be willing to engage with and complete the National Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 2 to 4)
- Have a full NZ drivers' licence or be able to gain this within 3 months
- Pass a full New Zealand police clearance (Vulnerable Children's Act 2014)
- Have the legal right to work in New Zealand
- You will need to be able to quickly adapt to new situations as you move between facilities
- Good written and verbal communication
IDEA Services is New Zealand's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities. Our services are founded on IHC's absolute commitment to the people we support and their families/whanau to have a good life. IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group which is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, including the provision of housing and tenancy services.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
When requested, you must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination (two doses received) against COVID-19, as mandated by the government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the requirements of the role applied for and our operational environment.
Applicants can direct enquiries about position to: Taylor Spence - 078387698